Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Latest and greatest

Started the fourth round of Chemo this week.  Which means Blood Draws, Chemo and Radiation for  this week.  Busy, busy.  Day one Chemo did give me some problems, but nothing I couldn't handle.  Reaction started by 8 p.m. and would continue throughout the night.  Today all cleared, again.... Don't know what this evening will bring.  This means a week of Toxic Period. No kissy, kissy. :)




I am to start the "back off" of my chemo/radiation Rx's.  I have been scheduled for the fifth Chemo the week of Christmas and be finish radiation the 2nd of January.  My once large tumor of 6.1 Centimeters., is down to "cells" as of today.  But, because I have a habit of growing tumors, we are sticking to the original aggressive treatments.


I still have damaged on the bottom of my feet and toes.  Think that will be a slow recovery.  My lung has completely inflated itself ( which is very good), I can take deep breaths once again. The coughing spasms are way down and that pleases me to know end. I still have a little edema in my cheeks, which makes me look like a chipmunk. My digestive system goes on strike, now and then...Something I have to keep and eye on.  I now know what tinnitus is...It's the bloody treatments and drugs.  I hear multiple sounds that sometimes sound like music.  Good news is, I can still hear, but loud noises do tend to bother me.  I am assuming this will clear up once I am finished. I am walking much better, but still have a ways to go.  I continue to use the electric carts at the stores and big box places.  I really do not like to go to them, because I have no immune system.  Cannot wait to drive, once again.


Met a lady in the chemo waiting room today, that had started her journey with Breast cancer and it metastasized into her lung and is now in her brain.


There will be a radiation treatment for my brain...once I kind of get some of my strength back.

No comments:

Post a Comment