Friday, February 6, 2015

87 Days and still breathing.

I did see the Radiologist on the 4th.  He was not happy to hear the new diagnosis....But, was glad to see that I am still doing well. As, he puts it, "I am his Star.


I drove to Palm Springs (Indio) to see Tony Bennett 1/30/2015.  Was very tired, but OK.  Next day my lady friend drove my car to her place... We, took a short bypass to Sam's...and then I did nothing for the rest of the day. Sunday we made preparations for the Super Bowl, food... And, got to chatter like we used to.


Monday morning, Mim and I headed back to AZ.  I didn't make a speedy trip of it...but, made good time.  Guess I am much stronger than I thought.  There were no problems... Just tired and slept well.


I am learning there are really, really good days...and some ho-hum days.  None bad.  I did learn something...I forgot to renew my military ID and made a run to Pass and ID.  Found out, the chemo pretty much destroyed my fingerprints....grrrr....  Good thing was, I had "other ID" to renew me.


I have a blood draw Monday and Chemo Tuesday... We will see how this new round treats me.  For now, I will be going in with the same schedule of blood and chemo, for three weeks on and one off, until the Dr.'s determine how I am responding.


Very curious life, for me.  Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment