Sunday, February 15, 2015

17 days since Liver Diagnosis

Terrible cough and little energy.  Not driving again.  Still trying to figure things out.  I have done more research and found coughing is found in most of the blogs and information.  It is hard to just sit strait up...or back in a chair.  I keep huge amounts of cough drops around me along with fluids. I sleep on my left side because I can't sleep in any other position....too much coughing.  No coughing on my left side, which allows me to get a pretty good nights sleep.


What independence I had is now pretty much restricted.  I am awaiting the Dr apt in two weeks.  I have another round of blood draw and chemo this week, along with next week.  I have my nephew driving me, again.  I can still do some basic cooking and that part is good.  I now rely on some deliveries.  Good news is, I can still eat what I want....just not in large quantities. 


Had a great visit with my sister and nephew...I know I wasn't supposed to talk so much (causes mucus in my throat)...I even ordered pizza in... So much to say-it was her husband who passed from sclc which metastasized about every where, back in '87.


At least for the time being, I still have my brain and can kind of engineer what is going on around me.  This has been so hard on Mim...She has good days and bad days wondering what is coming next.  Thank goodness we have a dog.  It helps.


So very glad we got to make the trip to CA a couple of weeks ago.  Who knows, maybe a very smart scientist is working on a cure for me... Mim is going to make breakfast this morning...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment