Monday, November 24, 2014

Start of Thanksgiving Week

Today is day 11 of feeling pretty good. I'd get really excited, but I would start coughing, I will just enjoy the moment.  I am walking more and doing a little more real cooking.  Sleeping better, now up to six hrs at night. Still tightness in the chest, but not bad. This week is just Radiation-'til Thursday. Next week is Chemo and Radiation.  My clinic has worked hard to give me the necessary time slots I need for my nephew to take me to and from appts-nearly every day.


 Couple of friends brought us a Papa Murphy pizza the other day...Never had one before.  I really do not eat a lot of pizza, but found my one piece to taste pretty good...they also brought us a couple of pieces of pie and a salad.  Neighbors and friends have been doing this off and on for the past couple of months.  We have been so grateful.  My kiddo has knocked herself out, trying to keep up with the necessary needs.  With family coming for Thanksgiving, means trying to get only the bare necessities done at warp speed...Okay, maybe turtle speed... It will be good to have us all back together.


Pain is still under control, pretty good.  Some foods still tastes pretty, strange--beef taste really bad.  I have not been able to drink coffee for some time...So, whole Milk (by order of the Dr.), certain orange juices, V8, and water are still my best bets for fluids.


I try to keep walking around the house as much as I can.  Can't go out much...air quality makes me cough...fireplaces burning trash and BBQ's fired up, are not my friend--that includes windy days.  Never dreamed I would be so house bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment